[NTG-context] internal mptopdf converter skips some glyphs in labels

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at olin.edu
Sat Aug 10 01:50:45 CEST 2013

> Try adding
>      prologues := 2;
> or
>      prologues := 3;
> in your mp file.

Good thought, which I tried, though neither setting resolved the
problem.

> Any particular reason that you are compiling metapost files using mp and
> then including them in ConTeXt rather than directly using any one of the
> inbuilt ConTeXt environments for handling mp (\startMPcode, \useMPgraphic,
> \processMPbuffer, etc.)

Mostly conservatism.  I cannot quite figure out the canonical
replacement for btex ... etex (textext, sometext?), and then I get
confused by the many possible environments.

What do you recommend as the best btex...etex replacement and the best
environment for replacing a standalong metapost figure (that I would
otherwise just include with \externalfigure)?

-Sanjoy