[NTG-context] bug in \externalfigure

Marco Patzer homerow at lavabit.com
Thu Aug 1 16:14:57 CEST 2013

On 2013–08–01 Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> I think that the advice of omitting the file extension given in most
> LaTeX introductions is more trouble than it is worth in ConTeXt.
> Omitting file extensions is important if you are generating both dvi
> and pdf outputs. In ConTeXt, one never uses the DVI output, so I
> think that one should ALWAYS specify the file extension. That
> removes a lot of headaches with the wrong file being sourced.

I agree with you on that one. However, I think it's unexpected that
files from the texmf-modules/doc directory are included by default.
Hasn't it been made more strict some time ago? Why does this still
work (or better: fail):

  %% \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
  \starttext
    \externalfigure[test]
  \stoptext

Marco