[NTG-context] suggestion: setups for \startitem

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 12:10:48 CEST 2013

Am 04.07.2013 um 09:32 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz <thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de>:

> Hi,
>
> this is just a small suggestion for the interface: since a while, we've had \startitem \stopitem. Would it be possible / feasible / interesting to add a bit of configuration to it? I tried looking at the source. but couldn't find anything. This minimal example explains what I mean:
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize
> \item One
> \item Two
> \sym{$\Rightarrow$} Three
> \stopitemize
>

> \startitemize
> \startitem
>  One
> \stopitem
> \startitem
>  Two
> \stopitem
> \startitem[sym=$\Rightarrow$]
>  Three
> \stopitem
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext
>
> How to achieve the result of #1 with the syntax in #2?

You have the change the definition for \startitem but I would go for a bigger change which includes also \head, \txt etc.

To do this one could write

  \startitem[alternative=head,text=…]

one could use it as synonym for \starthead or with

  \startitem[alternative=symbol,text=…]

as alternative for \sym. Since references are lost with this method you can write “reference=…” in the argument.

Wolfgang