[NTG-context] Possible bug with new \start ... \stop way for title, chapter, subject, etc.?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 18:10:23 CEST 2013

Am 29.06.2013 um 07:46 schrieb Andres Conrado Montoya <andresconrado at gmail.com>:

> I was trying to implement the solution provided by this thread:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg51152.html and it
> works very well. However, finding a problem related to this
> implementation, I found that the output of the new \start ... \stop
> versions of the title, section, chapter, subject, etc. commands is
> different from the old \title, \chapter, \subject, etc.
> As you can see in the following MWE, the new implementation indents
> the first paragraph of the given section, by some amount (even
> different from the default for paragraphs).
>
> Is this a bug or a new feature that I don't understand?

It’s a sometimes unwanted side effect of arguments for commands.
Even though there are ways to avoid the space you can’t add them
because there are cases where you want the space.

Below is a modified version of the older code which uses the new MkIV
mechanism to create customized head layouts which gobbles also
the space for \startsection.

\defineheadalternative
  [head:inleftmargin]
  [alternative=horizontal,