[NTG-context] Fraktur fonts

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Fri Jun 21 21:01:16 CEST 2013

On 21/06/13 18:53, Rudolf Bahr wrote:
> Hello Luigi, Khaled and Hans,
>
> I have to apologize to you for not having written up to now.
> I simply didn't see your answers. Today, a young woman from the environment
> of Dante e.V. pointed me to here. She gave me some good advice to the topic too.
>
> Thanks a lot to you, now I have to digest your answers first.

Hi Rudolf,

using UnifrakturMaguntia (from http://unifraktur.sf.net), here is a
small sample:

\mainlanguage[deo]

\definefontfeature[default][default]%
[script=latn,ss06=yes,cv01=yes,ss01=yes,ss03=yes]

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[UnifrakturMaguntia]

\starttext

\startlines
Habe nun, ach! Philosophie,
Juristerey und Medicin,
Und leider auch Theologie!
Durchaus studirt, mit heißem Bemühn.
Da steh’ ich nun, ich armer Thor!
\stoplines

\stoptext

I think that it's easier to use the simplefonts module than the standard
ConTeXt method. I guess one of the advantages of simplefonts is to
invoke font by OS name. I must admit I'm biased here: I don't actually
know how to use the standard ConTeXt font system :-).

Just in case they were needed (sorry if they aren't), two tips:

\setmainfont sets the font for the whole document. If you want only to
use it in a passage or from a given point
\definesimplefonttypeface[UnifratkturMaguncia] or
\definesimplefont[UnifrakturMaguncia].

OpenType features are enabled for the whole document with
\definefontfeature and they are enabled or disabled using the
four-character tag equals to yes or no.

I hope is clear. Don't hesitate to ask, if anything isn't.

I hope it might help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk