[NTG-context] two questions on paragraphed linenotes

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Wed Jun 19 21:45:45 CEST 2013

Dear Hans,

I'd like to introduce a friend into composing critical editions using
ConTeXt. I have made some tests myself, and I'd like to know a couple
of issues about paragraphed linenotes before start explaining.

The first issue is about note split. When I started using ConTeXt, I
realized that footnotes might be placed in the next page (unless
split=verystrict is set). Fearing the same results in linenotes, I set
this, but this lead to wrong separation between body and notes (at
least on my examples). My question is: does the default split value
for paragraphed linenotes keep all notes in the same page?

The second question is on the space before linenotes that separates
from text body. With your fix from last week, things have improved a
lot. You told me is tricky. If you allow me a (naive) question:
wouldn't it be possible that ConTeXt would check whether body lines
respect the before distance of the first paragraphed linenotes and move
as many lines that don't respect this distance to the next page?

There are another issues. I'd love to use ConTeXt for critical
editions. But I need to know both issues first.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk