[NTG-context] Typefaces ... how does this work?

Bill Meahan subscribed_lists at meahan.net
Fri Jun 14 02:30:47 CEST 2013

This approach works well for me, no modules required:

(this is NOT a complete working example!)

\setupbodyfont[mainface,12pt]

\definefont[alt][fontname sa 1.0]

\starttext
 Blah blah blah
 Blah blah {\alt boo hoo hoo}
 Blah blah blah
\stoptext

The "sa 1.0"is optional but if you want to adjust the alternate font
so the x heights match you'll need it.

"fontname" comes from running mtxrun --script fonts --list --all
--pattern=fontname

I use this approach extensively and never had a hiccup but, as
always, your mileage may vary.