[NTG-context] Typefaces ... how does this work?

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Thu Jun 13 20:20:06 CEST 2013

On 13/06/13 20:02, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> On 13/06/13 19:41, Sander Maijers wrote:
>>
>> How can I select a different typeface (that can be found by simplefonts)
>> for a specific region of text, like a few words?

Hi Sander,

this an extension to my previous reply.

\definesimplefonttypeface enables a typeface, instead of a font. As you
might already know (and I tend to mix) Times Italic and Times Bold are
two different fonts, but the same typeface.

Here is another sample:

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Times]
\definesimplefonttypeface[mytypeface][TeX Gyre Pagella]
\definesimplefont[myfont][TeX Gyre Pagella]
\starttext
\startTEXpage[offset=1em]
This is the standard font.

But here comes {\mytypeface another {\em typeface}.}

And here comes {\myfont another {\em font}.}
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

I guess I should wikify this.

I hope it helps now,