[NTG-context] \definehighlight with style=command problem

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon May 27 19:14:24 CEST 2013

On 5/27/2013 3:36 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> I an trying to use \definehighlight to define a macro that will color
> and overstrike selected text.
> Thus far,
>
> \definehighlight[Delete][color=red,style={\overstrike}]
> \starttext
> test  \Delete{test} test
> \stoptext
>
> reports
>
> ! Too many }'s.
>
> system          > tex > error on line 4 in file ...TEST.tex: Too many
> }'s ...
>

> If I replace “\overstrike” with “bold”, “\Delete” works. “\overstrike”
> works otherwise, so am I trying the impossible here?

The next beta will have \setbar for that purpose, used as:

\setuphead[section][textstyle={\setbar[overstrike]},textcolor=blue]

\definehighlight[Whatever][color=darkyellow]
\definehighlight[Delete]  [color=red,style={\setbar[overstrike]}]
\definehighlight[Keep]    [color=green]

\starttext

     \setupbar[overstrike][foregroundcolor=cyan,color=blue]

     \startsection[title={{\green green} foo {\green green}}]

         foo \startbar[overstrike]bar\stopbar

         test  \Delete{test} test \Keep{test} test \Whatever{test} test

         \color[red]{test  \Delete{test} test \Keep{test} test}

     \stopsection

\stoptext

for the source watchers: watch the subtle change in

\mult_interfaces_install_style_and_color_handler