[NTG-context] font trickery

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Wed May 15 16:51:28 CEST 2013

Hi Georg,

On Wed, 15 May 2013 00:09:22 -0600, Georg Duffner <g.duffner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I’d prefer to stay with the AFF syntax which is well established.

I wonder if the latest, virtually frozen FontForge supports the current
AFF syntax or still uses an earlier version. Before AFF was complete
George added the missing functionality but Adobe did not accept his
additions. The former luatex support was probably based on George's
modifications to the AFF syntax.

Hans and Taco know better, but I suppose a newer implementation of AFF in
mkiv could be done in lua without touching the binary.

But anyway, this may very well be beyond Hans' current plans for font
trickery, but it's fun to discuss possibilities.

Best wishes
Idris
--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid