[NTG-context] Table

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri May 3 10:52:37 CEST 2013

Am 03.05.2013 um 10:39 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz at mmnetz.de>:

> Hi,
>
> for a bilingual book (german-arabic) I want to use a table. So far I have this one:
>
> \starttabulate[||p(.46\textwidth)|p(.46\textwidth)||]
>
> But that is not exactly, what I want: I want a table with 3 columns. The left one ist left-aligned, for the german text (left-algined in the usual sence, I understood that these terms are opposite in context?), the middle one is empty (just to control the space between the to text-columns), and the right columns, arabic, is right aligned.
>
> I want to control all three by something like ".46\textwidth", and no indentation (like the above result, left column is indented). How to achieve this (simple) table? My tries did not work so far.

\showframe[text][text]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|lp|rp|]
\NC \input knuth \NC \input tufte \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext

The space between the columns can be controlled by the i, j or k keywords which accepts a number or a dimension as argument.

%  i  i<n> skip left of column
%  j  i<n> skip right of column
%  k  i<n> skip around column

Wolfgang