[NTG-context] Defined and not defined and better be done global

Cecil Westerhof cldwesterhof at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 11:44:19 CEST 2013

2013/4/27 Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>:
> On 4/26/2013 10:43 PM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>>
>> When running ConTeXt I see a lot of this kind of messages:
>> fonts           > bodyfont 15pt is defined (can better be done global)
>> fonts           > bodyfont 1.25em is defined (can better be done global)
>> fonts           > bodyfont 1.25em is not defined
>> fonts           > bodyfont 1.25em is defined (can better be done global)
>> fonts           > bodyfont 15pt is defined (can better be done global)
>> fonts           > bodyfont 1.25em is defined (can better be done global)
>> fonts           > bodyfont 1.25em is not defined
>> fonts           > bodyfont 1.25em is defined (can better be done global)
>> fonts           > bodyfont 15pt is defined (can better be done global)
>> fonts           > bodyfont 1.25em is defined (can better be done global)
>> fonts           > bodyfont 1.25em is not defined
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>

> switching a bodyfont with an undefined bodyfontenvironment inside a group,
> which is very inefficient
>
> (and a 1.5em bodyfont switch can probably better be replaced by a direct
> font definition)

I will look into the bodyenvironment stuff. Is not much to go on. :-(

Had to delve into what I am doing. Was a ‘little while ago’ I wrote it.

I thought that 1.5em was used for relative definitions. I have a inc
file that I use. In this I have:
\def\Title{\dodoubleempty\doTitle}
\def\doTitle[#1][#2]{
      \ifsecondargument
        \testpage[#2]
      \else
        \testpage[15]
      \fi
      \startalignment[center]
      {
        \myblank[2*big]
        \switchtobodyfont[1.5em]
        \bf\em#1
      }
      \myblank
      \stopalignment
    }

In this case I have in my mane document:
    \input /home/cecil/ConTeXt-inc/standard-init.inc

    \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]

What would be a better way to do this? I prefer my include file
deciding the increase of the font.

--
Cecil Westerhof