[NTG-context] gnuplot module fixed (was: gnuplot module broken)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 11:42:04 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Marco Patzer wrote:
> On 2013–04–19 Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Dear Hans,
>>
>> please consider the following example in MKII:
>>
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startMPextensions
>> a := \abc;
>> color b;
>> b := \MPcolor{currentcolor};
>> \stopMPextensions
>>
>> \startuseMPgraphic{bla}
>> fill fullcircle scaled a withcolor b;
>> \stopuseMPgraphic
>>
>> \def\abc{3cm}\color[blue]{\useMPgraphic{bla}}
>>
>> % Nice small black circle
>> \def\abc{1cm}\useMPgraphic{bla}
>>
>> \stoptext
>>

>> I still don't know how to reproduce this in MKIV.
>
> Use \startMPinitializations instead of \startMPextensions, it's
> global to all MP instances, though.

Thank you very much.

I hope that the module in
    https://github.com/mojca/context-gnuplot/
is hotfixed now, thanks to Marco's extensive support. If anyone is
willing to do a couple more basic tests, I would be grateful. I plan
to upload this version to CTAN to get it into TeX Live and our
distribution.

Apart from that, Marco is working on a heavily modified version of the
module (for MKVI). Once that one is tested, we'll upload it as well,
but this patch is just to make the module usable again.

I'm very sorry that it took me so long.

Mojca