[NTG-context] [***SPAM***] Re: Line break in a cell of a table

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Apr 17 08:26:37 CEST 2013

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013, "H. Özoguz" wrote:

>> BTW, I think that it is better to use Natural Table or tabulate instead of
>> table environment. For example, you can write:
>>
>> \startTABLE
>> \NC First Entry \\ (Explanation) \NC Second Entry \NC \NR
>> \stopTABLE
>
> Thanks Aditya. Can you give me a short reference to understand the
> difference, what is "Natural Table"?

See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TABLE

and

http://tex.stackexchange.com/search?q=user%3A323+[tables]

for examples.

> Is it the same as
> \placetable[][]{}{\starttable[]....\stoptable}
> ?

No. \placetable is a float mechanism, which can float any \hbox. For
example, you can use:

    \placetable[..][..]{...}{\hbox{Hello world}}

table, tables, tabulate, linetable, TABLE, xtable, are different wrappers
around \halign for creating tables. See

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tables_Overview

for a partial comparison.

Aditya