[NTG-context] Line break in a cell of a table

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Apr 17 08:03:05 CEST 2013

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013, "H. Özoguz" wrote:

> Good morning together,
>
> I want this:
>

> \starttext
>
> \starttable[|l|l|]
>
> \HL
>
> \NC First Entry \\ (Explanation) \VL Second Entry \AR

(Unrelated, but you are using a wrong syntax. Each row should be:

\NC .... \NC ... \NC \AR)

> \HL
>
> \stoptable
>
> \stoptext
>

> That is, line break after "First Entry", but without leaving the first cell
> (first row, first column). The code does not work, how to?

Use p column instead of l column

\starttable[|p|l|]
\stoptable

BTW, I think that it is better to use Natural Table or tabulate instead of
table environment. For example, you can write:

\startTABLE
\NC First Entry \\ (Explanation) \NC Second Entry \NC \NR
\stopTABLE

Aditya