[NTG-context] tekst before \starttext?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:03:18 CEST 2013

Am 16.04.2013 um 19:56 schrieb "Meer, H. van der" <H.vanderMeer at uva.nl>:

> I thought that typesetting should start after \startext and that anything before it should be ignored.
> That is indeed the case with the following input:
>
> ABC
> \starttext
> CONTENT
> \stoptext
>
> But add a \setupbodyfont and suddenly the ABC appears:
>
> \setupbodyfont[lmodern]
> ABC
> \starttext
> CONTENT
> \stoptext
>
> Is this correct behaviour?
> It is a nuisance because this phenomenon causes a spurious blank page appears in my book.
> It might be a recently introduced because I did not experience this in the past.

There appears nothing in the first case because context delays font loading until \starttext
but when you add \setupbodyfont a font is loaded and text is no visible.

When you something in your document before \starttext which creates a blank page
something is wrong with a macro and you put something there which shouldn’t be there.

Wolfgang