[NTG-context] Latest beta breaks LuajitTeX

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Apr 4 09:35:19 CEST 2013

On 4/4/2013 9:21 AM, Marco Patzer wrote:
> On 2013–04–03 Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 4/3/2013 12:46 PM, Marco Patzer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the latest beta throws:
>>>
>>> mtx-context     | redirect texlua -> luajittex: luajittex --luaonly "/tmp/luajitbug/newbeta/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun" --script context --jit t --redirected/tmp/luajitbug/newbeta/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun:15230: attempt to index field 'searchers' (a nil value)
>>>
>>> Example:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>    Foobar
>>> \stoptext
>>
>> it should work again now
>
> Indeed, LuajitTeX works, but you broke MkII. The format generation
> already fails:
>
>> (/tmp/mkiitest/tex/texmf/metapost/base/string.mp)))) (/tmp/mkiitest/tex/texmf-context/metapost/context/base/mp-func.mpii) ) )
> (end occurred when else on line 5 was incomplete)

That's not mkii but the metafun mpii format generation. I kept that till
now because one never knows is mp has been updated. Todays mpost has no
format so that's why it looks like it 'fails' but can can just ignore
it. I've now commented the metafun default format generation in texexec
(as by now we may assume the latest mpost to be used).