[NTG-context] setuphead and Table of Content

Sietse Brouwer sbbrouwer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 13:30:14 CEST 2013

Hi Malte,

On 31 March 2013 11:53, Malte Stien <malte at stien.de> wrote:
>   \definehead[foosection][section]
>   \setuphead[foosection][number=yes, ownnumber=yes, sectionsegments=section]

> However, I need them to show up in the table of content. What's the trick?

This is the trick:
\definecombinedlist[content][chapter,section,foosection,barsection,...]

The Table of Contents uses ConTeXt's combinedlist mechanism; to alter
the Table of Contents, redefine the list. (You have to redefine it;
\setupcombinedlist[content] alters how the list functions, but not
what goes into it.)

Useful wiki pages:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles (which is where I found the
\definecombinedlist trick)
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/definecombinedlist (which
actually goes into lists and what they do)

In case you're curious: this is how the TOC is defined in strc-def.mkiv.
\definecombinedlist
[\v!content]
[\v!part,
\v!chapter,