[NTG-context] error calling font.getfont() on certain fonts

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Mar 29 17:12:39 CET 2013

On 3/29/2013 4:29 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> I just read that in the manual:
>
>    Note that at the moment, each access to the font.fonts or call
>    to font.getfont creates a lua table for the whole font. This
>    process can be quite slow. In a later version of LuaTEX, this
>    interface will change (it will start using userdata objects
>    instead of actual tables).

even then it's of not much use for context as we have more data and keep
that data at the lua end so font.getfont has no benefits then

> Compared to Plain, Context adds a lot to the “.parameters” table.
> Sadly, writing to it doesn’t appear to change anything …

well, why would you .. the font is already passed to tex and you cannot
change that frozen state (imagine: what would a change in width of a
char mean halfway? it woul dnot work well with the backend) ... what
would you like to change?