[NTG-context] date handling maltreated?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Mar 20 21:34:42 CET 2013

On 3/20/2013 4:26 PM, H. van der Meer wrote:

> I strongly ask that ConTeXt abstains from changing the definition of \month and reverts to the exact result as given by plain TeX, i.e. a number in the range [1-12]. Because the change makes it impossible to do calculations on the month.

well, it has been the case for ages ... other commands also have a
different meaning, like \language, and \unexpanded is actually in tex
speak \protected (but we had an \unexpanded long before that one showed
up) and \\expanded is a macro in context and a primitive in tex ... etc

as Wolfgang pointed out: use \normaldate