[NTG-context] noalign hassles

H. van der Meer H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Sat Mar 16 23:02:15 CET 2013

I am stuck with the following problem.

Inside an \halign (table) I can insert a colored rule with:
  \noalign{\color[red]{\hrule height#1 depth\zeropoint}}

Now I want something more involved like:
  \color[red]{\hrule height#1 width2mm}% fixed length colored block
  \color[black]{\hrule height#1}% filling the width left
  \color[red]{\hrule height#1 width2mm}% fixed length colored block
producing
  [red][black black black …][red]

However, this doesn't work. I tried various options as: enclosing in \vbox, \hbox, box with leaders. Nothing worked out.
Is there some guru who knows how to accomplish this?

Hans van der Meer