[NTG-context] new trickery

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Fri Mar 15 19:11:09 CET 2013

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 05:07:02 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

>     \start
>         fijn fietsen 123
>         \type{[+os]}\addfeature{f:oldstyle}
>         fijn fietsen 123
>         \type{[+sc]}\addfeature{f:smallcaps}
>         fijn fietsen 123
>         \type{[=os]}\replacefeature{f:oldstyle}
>         fijn fietsen 123
>         \type{[=sc]}\replacefeature{f:smallcaps}
>         fijn fietsen 123
>     \stop

So I hope I have this right:

\addfeature adds a set of features {<feature1>,<feature2>,...<featureN>}
to the currently defined/enabled stack of OT features

\subtractfeature subtracts a set of features from the currently
defined/enabled stack

These two seem clear enough. I'm not so clear on the next one:

\replacefeature replaces all the _added_ features (not the default ones
defined, e.g., in the typescripts I presume) with only those in the
argument of \replacefeature. Is that right?

\resetfeature pops all features added to the stack (again, I'm assuming
this does not include the default ones defined, e.g., in the typescripts).

Question: Does/Will this mechanism completely replace \addff et al, or
will these mechanism ignore each other (e.g., \resetfeature does not pop
those defined by \addff).

Best wishes
Idris
--