[NTG-context] Example from FAQ not working

P. Hanák hanak at wpb.cz
Wed Feb 6 17:46:42 CET 2013

Hi,

  >> now I noticed that I can even use some non-existing alignment:
  >>

  >>   \setuppapersize[A5]
  >>
  >>   \setuplayout[location=middle,
  >>                header=0pt,
  >>                footer=0pt,
  >>                height=fit,
  >>                width=109mm
  >>                ]
  >>
  >>   \setupindenting[next,\baselineskip]
  >>
  >>   \indenting[yes]
  >>
  >>   \setupalign[nonexisting]
  >>
  >>   \starttext
  >>
  >>   Today, automated typesetting is quite popular, which is partly due to the fact that
  >>   document coding standards have evolved, in particular XML. For instance, when you
  >>   navigate the internet, a typesetting engine is at work to render the pages. When you
  >>   ask for a print preview, you often get a different rendering. So, one document source
  >>   can result in different views.
  >>
  >>   The vehicle that we use for automated typesetting of books is called CONTEXT. This
  >>   system is based on the well known typesetting engine and language TEX and the
  >>   graphic programming environment METAPOST.
  >>
  >>   \stoptext
  >>
  >> This example is processed without errors although there is no definition
  >> of the alignment "nonexisting". Is it not strange?
  >
  > When ConTeXt parses the \setupalign command it looks if the keyword is defined
  > and executes it but when the keyword isn?t defined its just ignored.
  >
  > Wolfgang

thank you for your explanation. So probably my definition of new
alignment "block" was not successful and when using \setupalign the
alignment with the keyword "block" is simply ignored.

Is there any possibility to find out if the new alignment was really
defined and exists?

\installalign
   {block}
   {\parfillskip=\hsize
    \advance\parfillskip by -1.5\parindent
    \advance\parfillskip by 0pt minus \parfillskip
    \advance\parfillskip by 0pt minus -1em}

% Next command is probably ignored? Can I test if the alignment "block"
% really exists?

\setupalign[block]

Best regards

Pavel