[NTG-context] \goto links to figures are inactive

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Feb 3 05:31:48 CET 2013

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013, Alan Bowen wrote:

> I am using MKIV. Many thanks for the news about the changes to \placefigure
> and the sample alternative: that is very helpful and much appreciated.
>
> The only problem remaining is how to cancel the automatic
> titling/numbering. In
>
> \startplacefigure[reference=fig:cow.pdf,title=Figure
> A][here,page,force,nonumber]
> \externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
> \stopplacefigure
>
> the output has two titles (“Figure 1” and “Figure A”).
>
> I have checked the wiki (which does not show this as a possibility) and
> experimented with “nonumber” and “number=no”, all without success.
> \setupcaptions[number=no] gets rid of “Figure 1” but while the links show
> properly, they do not actually work.

As Wolfgang said, the 2nd argument of \startplacefigure is for specifying
userdata, not the location of the figure. To specify the location of the
figure, use the location key:

\starttext
\startplacefigure
     [
       reference=fig:cow.pdf,
       title={Figure A},
       location={here,page,force,nonumber},
     ]
     \externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=.5\textwidth]
\stopplacefigure
\stoptext

Aditya