[NTG-context] Typesetting LibreOffice (ODT) documents with ConTeXt

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Thu Jan 31 09:51:52 CET 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:54:49 -0500
Bill Meahan <subscribed_lists at meahan.net> wrote:

> Plus, most of my writer friends work in word processors
> which means that it is far easier to exchange manuscripts for proofing &
> feedback is via the (ugh) .doc file.

I have been able to teach some of my collaborators to exchange plain text. They mostly use MSWord as their editor. After one or two round trips in plain text format (.txt for them), they eventually learn to focus on content and forget about format. This is pretty easy with utf8 and ConTeXt as it is mostly readable text.

One constraint, though, is to keep paragraphs to one very long line with no \n or \r. This is not a problem for me as I simply configure my editor to wrap its view (not the file).

Alan