[NTG-context] placeinitial broken (mkiv)?

Andreas Mang mang at imt.uni-luebeck.de
Wed Jan 23 08:52:03 CET 2013

Hi Wolfgang.

Thanks for looking into this.

Am Jan 23, 2013 um 8:25 AM schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster at gmail.com>:

> Am 23.01.2013 um 08:16 schrieb Andreas Mang <mang at imt.uni-luebeck.de>:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> the example from the garden (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Initials; with reference to "[NTG-context] Lettrine not Working as Expected") does not work for me:
>>
>> %%%% minimal %%%%
>> \setupinitial[color=red,font=Bold sa 4,distance=3pt,state=start,n=3]
>> % known parameters: font, distance, state, n, command
>>
>> \starttext
>> \placeinitial \input knuth
>> \stoptext
>> %%%% minimal %%%%
>>
>> ConTeXt  ver: 2013.01.13 23:10 MKIV  fmt: 2013.1.17
>>
>> Is there a problem or am I doing something wrong?!
>
> What doesn’t work, do you get a error message or is the output wrong?
>
> When I process the example I get a pdf with a red T as initial.
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2013.01.21 18:18 MKII  fmt: 2013.1.21  int: english/english

Sorry for being imprecise. I've used MKIV. I gave it another try and now I also get the correct result (after getting the plain text without a big red "T" for a couple of times). I wonder how you managed to heal my local installation ;)

So, sorry for wasting your time and for being stupid, too. I don't know what I've been doing. Time to go on holidays.

Cheers
Andreas