[NTG-context] getnameinfo

Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wwl at musensturm.de
Fri Jan 11 16:04:39 CET 2013

I have to update LuaTex on a win2k machine. But I get
two errors while running mtxrun.exe and texlua.exe resp. via first-
setup.bat.

There is a call to getnameinfo in WS2_32.dll which is available in
winxp and above.

Here is an info from ms how to deal with this:

"The getnameinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP
and later. If you want to execute an application using this function
on earlier versions of Windows (Windows 2000, Windows NT, and Windows
Me/98/95), then you need to include the Ws2tcpip.h file and also
include the Wspiapi.h file. When the Wspiapi.h include file is added,
the getnameinfo function is defined to the WspiapiGetNameInfo inline
function in the Wspiapi.h file. At runtime, the WspiapiGetNameInfo
function is implemented in such a way that if the Ws2_32.dll or the
Wship6.dll (the file containing getnameinfo in the IPv6 Technology
Preview for Windows 2000) does not include getnameinfo, then a
version of getnameinfo is implemented inline based on code in the
Wspiapi.h header file. This inline code will be used on older Windows
platforms that do not natively support the getnameinfo function."

Hope this can be done.

Wolfgang