[NTG-context] Header-Footer-Layout

Arne Runge arne_runge at gmx.de
Sun Oct 7 18:37:37 CEST 2012

> >/  Hi,
> />/
> />/  I would like to have a doublesided layout with:
> />/
> />/  - a titlepage with neither header nor footer,
> />/  - a frontpart with pagesnumbers(left/right) in roman
> />/  - a bodypart with pagesnumbers(left/right) in arabic
> />/  - an appendix with pagesnumbers(left/right) in arabic
> />/
> />/  - first page of a chapter should not have a header + underline
> />/
> />/  - if there is no section then only the line.
> />/  - if the next page is empty than only the pagenumber should be printed.
> />/
> />/  Seems to be a common layout and I apologize for asking.
> />/
> />/  Thanks in advance for any help.
> />/
> />/  Regards,
> />/
> />/  Arne
> /
>
> Put the makeup environment in the front matter environment and remove the sectionblock settings.
>
> When you don't want to start chapter at a right page you can add \setupsectionblock[page=yes] to your document.
>
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>
> \setupheadertexts[]
> \setupheadertexts[\setups{text a}][][][\setups{text b}]
>
> \startsetups[text a]
>    CHAPTER \getmarking[chapternumber]: \WORD{\getmarking[chapter]}
> \stopsetups
>
> \startsetups[text b]
>    \getmarking[section]
> \stopsetups
>
> \setupheader[text][after=\hrule]
>
> \setuphead[chapter][page={header,right},header=empty]
>
> \setupfootertexts[][pagenumber]
>
> \defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][romannumerals][]
>
> \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
>    \setcounter[userpage][1]
> \stopsectionblockenvironment
>
> \starttext
>
> \startfrontmatter
>
> \startstandardmakeup[align=middle]
> {\tfd TITLE}
> \stopstandardmakeup
>
> \completecontent
>
> \stopfrontmatter
>
> \startbodymatter
>
> \chapter{Knuth}
>
> \dorecurse{12}{\input knuth\par}
>
> \stopbodymatter
>
> \startappendices
>
> \chapter{Zapf}
>
> \dorecurse{12}{\input zapf\par}
>
> \stopappendices
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang
Thank you Wolfgang for the reply. If I compile your code then I get

! Undefined control sequence.
l.20 \defineconversionset
                          [frontpart:pagenumber][romannumerals][]

and if I comment this line, I get

! Missing number, treated as zero.

and if I comment   \setcounter[userpage][1]

then
- page 4 has a header line, which I don't like
- page 7 or 11 has not the marking Knuth respectively Zapf
- useless page 13 at the end of the document

I guess that's because I don't use the latest version. I use
context_2012.05.30.2012061,
TeXExec | version 6.2.1 - 1997-2009 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

I finally came up with the following code, which does it for me.

\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location=]

\setupheadertexts[]
\setupheadertexts[\setups{text a}][][][\setups{text b}]

\startsetups[text a]
     CHAPTER \getmarking[chapternumber]:
\expanded{\uppercase{\fetchmark[chapter][first]}}
   \stopsetups
\startsetups[text b]
     \getmarking[section]
   \stopsetups

\setupfootertexts[][pagenumber]

\setupheader[text][after=\hrule]

\setuphead[chapter][header=empty]

\setupsectionblock[frontpart][
before={\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]},
after={\page[yes,header,right]}]
\setupsectionblock[bodypart][after={\page[yes,header,right]}]
\setupsectionblock[appendix][after={\page[yes,header,right]}]
\setupsectionblock[backpart][after={\page[yes,header,right]}]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
\startstandardmakeup
\title{title}