[NTG-context] Simple backgrounds not working

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat May 26 11:26:27 CEST 2012

On 26-5-2012 10:56, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 26.05.2012 um 04:57 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Simple backgrounds are not working with the latest beta. The following has no background color.
>>
>> \setupbackground
>>   [background=color, backgroundcolor=red]
>> \starttext
>> \startbackground
>>   ABC
>> \stopbackground
>> \stoptext
>
> Name clash in pack-rul.mkiv.
>
> \startbackgorund uses \currentbackground for the instance of the environment and \framed uses also \currentbackground when it does process the list of backgrounds, changing the macro name in pack-rul.mkiv to \m_framed_background helps.
>
> \unprotect
>
> %\let\currentbackground\empty
> \let\m_framed_background\empty

Ha, you beat me in maling ... i just changed that in the same way ...
but i was wondering why a public name was used .. can it be that
\currentbackground is used in modules or styles (e.g. implementing
alternative built in backgrounds as I remember that Aditya has some
plugs)?  If so then at some point we might need a public name but let's
wait till it shows up.