[NTG-context] "standard" for bibliographies

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Thu May 10 13:35:31 CEST 2012

On 05/10/2012 01:29 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> There used to be discussions about some "common standard" for storing
> bibliographies.
>
> I'm testing
>      http://www.mendeley.com/
> and would like to export to ConTeXt-friendly database (bibtex export
> is supported). It seems that for that one would have to use
>      http://citationstyles.org/
> so I will try to figure out if "The Citation Style Language" can be
> used to export data to what is currently required by ConTeXt. But if
> you are thinking about xml-based format for the future, it might be
> worth taking a look at the second website.

Just a very quick note: CSL has been developed by Bruce D'Arcus, who
used to be pretty active on the context list a couple of years ago, so
you might be able to get some help there. I tried using zotero for a
while and also looked at CSL, but in the end, I gave up. It is based on
xml, but I couldn't get my head around it and was just hitting too many
limitations. But that may have been me, maybe you have more success!

All best

Thomas