[NTG-context] [***SPAM***] Trying to get two styles simultaneiously

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 29 09:58:41 CEST 2012

Am 27.04.2012 um 15:25 schrieb hwitloc at gmail.com:

> I have been wrestling with this for hours and I'm sure there's a real easy fix.  Just that it's eluding me.
>
> How can I use \definedescription to set a combination style?
>
> e.g.
> Below I can get a capitalized description header:
>
> \definedescription[rsection][location=left,width=broad,headstyle=cap]
>
> but, I also want it to be bold.  That is a bold+cap at the same time.
>
> I tried \bf\cap  as a headcommand but it didn't seem to work, as was just ignored.

When you use Latin Modern you can never achieve what you want because the font doesn’t have a bold caps font but when you use another font like TeX Gyre Pagella it’s possible but you need a different approach because smallcaps are a font feature which have to enabled.

\definefontfeature[smcp][smcp=yes]

\definedescription
  [description]
  [width=broad,