[NTG-context] \notin not working

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Mar 9 20:16:47 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 01:46:56PM -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, "Stefan Müller" wrote:
>
> >Dear list,
> >
> >with one of the last versions (I'm currently using ConTeXt standalone 2012003005 19:49 MkIV) \notin is not working anymore.  See
> >
> >\starttext $a \notin b \not\in c$ \stoptext
> >
> >It seems that \notin refers to \not.  Is this intended behavior or a bug?
>
> @Hans, can now use
> composed glyphs as fallbacks in virtual fonts.

Or even better (if possible of course), fallback to using combining
slash (aka \not) whenever the font lacks the pre-composed negated form
(and similarly \not\in should use \notin if the font have it). In,
hopefully not so distant, future LuaTeX will gain support for "overlay"
accents so <base><negation mark> will combine nicely (where negation
mark can be a combining slash or vertical line).

Regards,
 Khaled