[NTG-context] TeX inside XML

Hans van der Meer havdmeer at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 5 18:33:25 CET 2012

I need to do some ConTeXt work inside an XML-proces. In principle this works for most TeX-code through an appropriate xmlsetup that calls \xmlcontext.
However some code has problems, and it will be no surprise that it concerns table suff. The error is:

Misplaced \omit ...
\@tbxmultispans #1->\omit
                          \scratchcounter #1\relax \advance \scratchcounter …

As this code runs fine in normal ConTeXt environments, the suspicion is some catcode problem. Can I set inside the \xmlsetup-code something to have \xmlcontext using the correct catcode's, iff that turns out to be the problem of course.

Thanks in advance.

Hans van der Meer