[NTG-context] Page Size to Figure Size

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sat Dec 31 23:39:52 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 23:57 -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011, Kip Warner wrote:
>
> > Hey list,
> >
> > I have a lot of fairly large diagrams in my book that don't always match
> > the aspect ratio of the page in landscape mode, though they usually are
> > closer to landscape than a portrait layout for the page dimension.
> >
> > How can I insert a figure so that it is of a given size, with the page
> > size perfectly cropped around it?
>
> \startTEXpage[offset=1mm]
> \externalfigure[...]
> \stopTEXpage
>
> Aditya

Hey Aditya,

I've adapted it into the following.

% Insert a full page diagram, parameters are node name, caption, and
path...
\def\FullPageDiagram#1#2#3%
{
    \startTEXpage[offset=0mm]
    \startframedtext[width=0.95
\textwidth,align=center,corner=rectangular]
    \placefigure
        [force][figure:#1]
        {#2}
        {\externalfigure[#3][width=0.95\textwidth,
                             align=center,
                             background=color,
                             backgroundcolor=colour_figure_background]}
    \stopframedtext
    \stopTEXpage
}

It's not doing quite what I'd like though. I'd like the frame to be
flush with the outside edge of the page and the image to be perfectly
fitted to the frame, except at the bottom where the image caption needs
to be. I'd like to be able to say that the image should be of a given
width, with the aspect ratio automatically maintained.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred