[NTG-context] ePub from project?

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Thu Dec 22 18:06:05 CET 2011

I thought I could try ePub with a current book project.

export.xml from my product looks good and contains "everything" from
the components,
but the xhtml file contains only a ToC - and thus, ePub is empty.

Further, it seems like arguments of \settaggedmetadata like name,
title, author are just ignored in ePub.

ePubReader in Firefox says (translated)
"""
XML processing error: "Junk" after document element
Address: file:.../epub/4/OPS/example.xhtml
Line Nr. 173, Column 1:<section detail="chapter" location='aut:2'>
"""

Adobe Digital Editions shows no error, just an empty book.

With the following small example, I get at least an unstyled body text:
"""
\setupbackend[export=example.xml,xhtml=example.xhtml]
\settaggedmetadata[name=Hraban,title=Example,author=Hraban,version=0.1]
\setupinteraction[state=start,color=,contrastcolor=,
	title=Test,subtitle={},
	author={Henning Hraban Ramm}]
\setupexport[bodyfont=12pt,hyphen=yes]

\starttext

\startchapter[title=Test]

\input tufte

\stopchapter

\stoptext
"""

Hm, the xhtml file doesn’t look like HTML at all, and even styling the
existing tags in CSS doesn’t affect the output.
If I change <sectiontitle> to <xhtml:h2>, it’s reckognized.

In short:
- xhtml is just an xml without html tags
- xhtml doesn’t contain content of components

Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net