[NTG-context] Reverse numbering

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:40:42 CET 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for your attention: in fact you pointed out how to solve the problem…
Beginning with what you wrote, after a few trials and errors I ended up with the following which gives what I meant:
%%% begin reverse-enumeration.tex
\definenumber[ReverseNumberOrder][numberorder=reverse]

\defineenumeration[Lecture]
	[location=hanging,
	text={Lecture n° {\convertednumber[ReverseNumberOrder]}.},
	between=,
	before={\incrementnumber[ReverseNumberOrder]},
	number=no,
	after={\hrule\blank}]

\starttext

\startLecture Tuesday December 6th: Banach spaces.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\startLecture Tuesday November 29th: Norms.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\startLecture Tuesday November 22nd: Topological Vector Spaces.
\startitemize[n]
\item First subject.
\item Second subject.
\stopitemize
\stopLecture

\stoptext
%%% end reverse-enumeration.tex

Best regards: OK

On 12 déc. 2011, at 14:03, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 12.12.2011 um 13:33 schrieb Otared Kavian:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When using
>> 	\startitemize[n,reverse]
>> one gets items numbered in reverse order. I wonder if this feature exists also for enumerations. An example is given below in which the last enumeration is written on top of the file and I wish it were possible to have the enumerations numbered in reverse order.
>
> The numbering mechanism has indeed such a option but it seems to be not available for enumerations.
>
> \definenumber[foo]
> \definenumber[bar][numberorder=reverse]
>
> \define\test
>  {\incrementnumber[foo] \incrementnumber[bar]%
>   \convertednumber[foo]:\convertednumber[bar]}
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{9}{\test\par}
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang