[NTG-context] Streams

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:43:18 CET 2011

Am 23.11.2011 um 20:31 schrieb Willi Egger:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking for a possibility to typeset an article left in the original language and right in the translation.I found then the mail of Thomas, when he announced the availability of streams (2006). - Great, that is what I am looking for!
>
> However when issuing \usemodule[streams] I get immediately a fatal error: undefined controlsequence. I believe is \defineoutputstream.
>
> So it looks like the module is broken. - Is there another approach to get two texts in different languages next to each other?

You don’t need the mode for MkIV. Below is a example copied from the source:

% \enabletrackers[streams.flushing]
%
% \setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid
%
% \starttext
%
% \input tufte
%
% \startoutputstream[nl]
%
% Wat doen we hier?
%
% \enableoutputstream[en]
%
% Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx}
%
% \dorecurse{4}{x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input tufte \par \pushoutputstream}
%
% \enableoutputstream[de]
%
% Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy}
%
% \dorecurse{4}{x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input ward \par \pushoutputstream}
%
% \disableoutputstream
%
% \stopoutputstream
%
% Vader Jacob, slaap je nog?\footnote{zzz}
%
% \input tufte
%
% \synchronizestreams[en,de,nl]
%
% \page \flushoutputstream[en] \input knuth
% \page \flushoutputstream[de] \input knuth
% \page \flushoutputstream[nl] \input knuth
%
% \stoptext

Wolfgang