[NTG-context] idea: Module to automatically extract and insert information from Wikipedia

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 12 16:19:30 CET 2011

Dear ConTeXt folks,

just now I thought of the following and I am wondering if there exists
already a solution.

Writing a text which includes people I want to add information about
these peoples as footnotes. The first sentence in a Wikipedia article is
most of the time good enough for that.

A macro `\infofromwikipedia{Donald Knuth}` would be nice which gets the
first sentence of the article and puts an item into the bibliography.

There is even an API to access articles [2]. Besides coding that up I
see the following problems.

1. The output [3] needs to be converted to ConTeXt.
2. An Internet connection would be necessary. But that is just a note
and not a problem.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Knuth