[NTG-context] Help on centering text inside the standard makeup

Marco Pessotto melmothx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:27:45 CET 2011

Hello!

I have some problem centering the text inside the standardmakeup.  The
resulting alignment is centered, yes, but relative to the text block of
the defined layout, and being a doublesided document, the left space is
lesser then the right space (which is not what I wanted, as it's
supposed to be the cover of a booklet).

For example:

%%%%%%%%%
\showframe

\starttext

\startstandardmakeup
  \raggedcenter
  This should be the long title
\stopstandardmakeup

\input tufte

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%

The \showframe still shows the defined layout for the whole document.

I'm reading from Layouts in Context that the standard makeup should
“exclude text from the standard pagebody and its layout”.

The other solution could using frames, layers and the backgrounds, but
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here and that using the makups is
the right thing to do.

Setting width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight makes the thing
worse. It's like the width starts at the text block of the defined
layout.

%%%%%%%%%
\showframe

\definemakeup[titlepage][width=\paperwidth,
        height=\paperheight,voffset=0mm,hoffset=0mm]

\starttext

\starttitlepagemakeup
  \raggedcenter
  \bfc This should be the long, long, very long title
\stoptitlepagemakeup

\input tufte

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%