[NTG-context] xtables in custom macros

"Stefan Müller" warrence.stm at gmx.de
Thu Nov 3 23:01:43 CET 2011

> Am 03.11.2011 um 20:37 schrieb Stefan Müller:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I just played a bit with the nice new xtables.  It seems as if
> "\stopxtable" does not work if used inside a custom macro.  I get a "Runaway
> argument" error with the current standalone if I uncomment "\Doesnt" in the
> following example.
> >
> > \define\Works{\startxtable \startxrow \startxcell works \stopxcell
> \stopxrow}
> > \define\Doesnt{\startxtable \startxrow \startxcell does not work
> \stopxcell \stopxrow \stopxtable}
> >
> > \starttext
> > \Works \stopxtable
> > %\Doesnt
> > \stoptext
> >
> > Did I miss something or is this a bug?
>
> The stable environment stores the content in a buffer and you can’t
> put the start and stop commands of a buffer in different commands.
>
> Wolfgang

I'm not sure if I understood correctly...  I don't want to put the start and stop commands in different commands.  In the example I want to have \startxtable and \stopxtable inside the same command ("\Doesnt"), i.e. I want a self-defined command that produces a complete xtable, not only the xrows.

Stefan
--

_______
ey, leute, ich hab so lange gebraucht um mir plan a auszudenken, fragt jetzt doch nicht auch