[NTG-context] Galleries with photos from ConTeXt meetings: any ideas?

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Wed Oct 26 20:47:59 CEST 2011

Am 2011-10-25 um 19:36 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> I have a few questions:
> - Should photos from meetings be private or public? (The ones from
> BachoTeX are public for example.)

It’s a privacy issue. I’d suggest "public with unguessable URL", like
Picasaweb albums, plus limited period.
So you can share it with all participants without password, but avoid
searchable public display of people who don’t like it.
Additionally I’d suggest to keep a few selected pics on a really
public site (like news), where every pictured person gave their "model
release".

> - In either case I need suggestions about the best option to store
> photos on new server. (Which software to run?)

Oh, there are a lot of good album applications - depends on your
desired workflow.
E.g. if you’ve full access to a web server, you could use jAlbum
(album-only app) or your photo management app (iPhoto, Picasa, ...) to
generate HTML.
Or you use a service like Picasaweb (don’t know if Flickr knows semi-
public albums).
Or you use an album module of some CMS.
Or you install a standalone album webapp (then chose a PHP or Ruby or
Python or whatever based one...)

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---