[NTG-context] Image compression/resizing in PDFs

John Devereux john at devereux.me.uk
Fri Oct 21 11:54:48 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Is there a way to have context automatically compress or resample
included images to a given output resolution? I have not been following
recent developments...

I can obviously "pre-reduce" all images to the desired dpi. But:

1) This is a bit of work (and hard to get non-technical people to do)

2) In 5 years time we might want the images to be higher resolution and
not be as concerned about PDF size. But the information will be lost (or
be elsewhere).

So a command line or document setting would be ideal, is there such a
thing? \setpdfimageresolution[300dpi].

Thanks,

--

John Devereux