[NTG-context] A special case: hiding section head information in the text but still keeping the TOC entry

Willi Egger context at boede.nl
Mon Oct 17 23:39:52 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I had to deal with a special case. In my document there are only sections and subsections. The section titles are placed in a different place than they naturally would occur according to the coding in the text. What I needed to do is to
hide the section title, having no placeholder/white space inserted but still keeping the entry in the TOC.

\setuphead
   [section]
   [placehead=hidden]

\setuptexttexts[{\placerawheaddata[section]}

The first setup hides the title completely and does not insert any whitespace. It causes on the other hand, that the TOC entry is also hidden/gone. With the second command the data are flushed and end  up in the TOC.

Thank  you Hans for providing this solution!

I edited the following page on the wiki and added also a short test.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chapters_headers#Chapter_headers

Willi