[NTG-context] latest Context Minimals Installer for Windows

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Wed Oct 5 08:37:06 CEST 2011

Hello!

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 16:08, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
<yatskovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> To whom it may concern - here is the latest version of Context Minimals
> Installer for Windows, now working under Windows 7.
>
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=484PR9UL

I tried this one on a 32-bit Windows XP this morning. It didn't get
everything done, but the ConTeXt download went pretty well and got
almost done before it hung. Unfortunately I had to leave for work, so
I didn't have time to check if the installer put the ConTeXt path
where it should be (probably, at least for me, although I asked it to
do it for all users), but at least the directories got created and
seemed to had the correct contents. I took a screen capture of the
error message, but it is on that computer and can't be accessed until
this evening. However, if I recall it correctly, the error message was

"Generating formats failed. Error code 2."

Sounds like an error message from ConTeXt itself. And I'm not sure
format generation is needed any more; when I updated my laptop
"manually" (with first-setup.bat), I never did them as Hans said it
isn't needed. It looks like the Windows part of the installer works
fine, all directories are created ok etc. etc, so the problems in the
installer may be surprisingly easy to fix.

BTW, although the --extras command is now replaced by --modules, the
old command seemed to work as I did get some content into my
texmf-modules directory. But of course it'd be smart to fix that at
the same time as the rest of the problems.

NB. My user id on that Win XP computer has admin privileges by
default, so the installation itself didn't need any extra credentials
(which was a bit of a problem in my Win7).

Regards,

Mari