[NTG-context] new beta

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sun Oct 2 18:16:17 CEST 2011

On 10/01/2011 11:16 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I uploaded a new beta. Apart from some fixes the following has been
> added/changed. Some are side effects of discussions at the context meeting.
>
> However, the biggest new thing is adapted cross document referencing.
> This was already possible but we could not yet load external references
> (as in mkii). See
>
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-1103.pdf
>
> for how it works in mkiv. The test files cross-*.tex demonstrate a
> couple of things. If one uses the project structure, then one can
> process a component of a product and it will pick up references from the
> main product as well as (given normal circumstances) start at the right
> chapter number and page. Of course this is only a convenience option
> (for proofing) as there is a dependency on the state of the parent
> product. Given the fact that cross referencing data is spread over
> several data structures this was a somewhat complex exercise. As a side
> effect the tuc file now uses its own (temporary) namespace.
>
> Hopefully nothing breaks due to these changes.

Hi Hans,

the cross-referencing is excellent new, I will have to play with it very
soon! In the meantime, here's something which broke with the October
beta (worked a week ago):

\definelinenote [critical]

\setupnote [critical]
[rule=off,paragraph=yes,numbercommand=,inbetween=\hskip.5em\vl\hskip0.2em\vl\hskip.5em]
\setupdescriptions[critical] [display=no,location=serried,distance=.5em]

\setuplinenumbering[location=inner,step=5,method=page,style=\tfxx,align=left,distance=0.4em,width=0.4cm]

\starttext

ut \critical{labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat}, sed diam voluptua. At
clita kasd gubergren

\stoptext

linenotes produce this error:

! Undefined control sequence.

system          > tex > error on line 10 in file test.tex: Undefined
control sequence ...

  1     \definelinenote [critical]
  2
  3     \setupnote [critical]
[rule=off,paragraph=yes,numbercommand=,inbetween=\hskip.5em\vl\hskip0.2em\vl\hskip.5em]
  4     \setupdescriptions[critical]
[display=no,location=serried,distance=.5em]
  5
  6
\setuplinenumbering[location=inner,step=5,method=page,style=\tfxx,align=left,distance=0.4em,width=0.4cm]
  7
  8     \starttext
  9
10 >>  ut \critical{labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat}, sed diam
voluptua. At
11     clita kasd gubergren
12
13     \stoptext
14

\@@expanded ->\dodosetreference
                                 {line}{lr:b:1}{conversion=numbers}{1}
\mksomelinereference ... }{\the \linerefcounter }}
                                                   \endgroup
\mkstartlinereference ...wstartlinereference {#1}}
                                                   \ignorespaces
\someline [#1]->\mkstartlinereference {#1}
                                           \mkstoplinereference {#1}
l.10 ...ical{labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat}
                                                   , sed diam voluptua. At

which may have something to do with the new reference management, I guess?

All best

Thomas