[NTG-context] MKIV strange results in Adobe Reader

Otso Helenius context at pi-xi.net
Thu Sep 8 11:19:56 CEST 2011

Hello,

I recently made a SimpleSlides presentation with MKIV (2011.08.27
13:24). It looks ok on numerous PDF readers including Okular, Google
Docs, Sumatra PDF. Whenever I open it on Adobe Reader, the results are
rather puzzling:

1) The fifth page background is not black but grey, also some later
pages have grey background
2) The RGB and CMYK swatch colours are all messed up

The picture on page four has been intentionally corrupted with a hex
editor and then opened and saved again in Gimp to remove the errors in
the file.

You can view the source here: https://pi-xi.net/share/colorlecture.tex
and the finished PDF here: https://pi-xi.net/share/colorlecture.pdf

The only modifications I've made to the
simpleslides-s-BottomSquares.tex is replacing the background color,
contrast color and variant color with different values ([s=.0],

I would appreciate if someone could explain if there are bugs in my tex
sources, in MKIV or in the Adobe Reader – and in any case how can I fix
the erroneous output on Adobe Reader to match it on Sumatra, Google
Docs, etc.

Best regards,
Otso Helenius