[NTG-context] \setuplayout and splitted rotated tables

Jaroslav Hajtmar hajtmar at gyza.cz
Mon Aug 29 09:31:20 CEST 2011

Hello everybody.
I managed to set ConTeXt to properly split a rotated table.
Now I have a big problem with the correct placement of page number in
footer. If I set different layout and numbering in footer is OK then the
table is badly divided. Is there some choices for layout settings so
that the page numbering to work correctly in footer while the table
rotated to properly divided? I tried many setups with diferent
parameters of layouts but without succes.

I'm beginning to feel that perhaps will not even possible do that.
Must I  turn off page numbering in footers, and manually put the data at
the corresponding position on the page by using layers? Or exist any way
to do it using \setuplayout?

Thanx Jaroslav Hajtmar

Here is my example:

% http://source.contextgarden.net/page-lay.mkiv
%\showframe

\definepapersize[paperportrait][A4]
\definepapersize[paperlandscape][A4,landscape]
\definelayout[portrait][width=fit, topspace=5mm, header=1cm,
footer=1.5cm, height=fit]
\definelayout[rotatedportrait][location=middle,width=fit, height=fit,
topspace=3.5cm]

\setuppapersize[paperportrait]
\setuplayout[portrait]

\setupfootertexts[ŠVP Gymnázia Zábřeh][section][ŠVP Gymnázia
Zábřeh][section]
\setupfooter[style=\ssxx]
\setuppagenumbering[state=start,location=footer, left=---\ , right=\ ---]

    \setupTABLE[split=yes]
    \setupTABLE[row][first][background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
    \setupTABLE[column][1][width=1cm]
    \setupTABLE[column][2][width=2cm]
    \setupTABLE[column][3][width=3cm]
    \setupTABLE[column][4][width=4cm]
    \setupTABLE[column][5][width=5cm]
    \setupTABLE[column][6][width=6cm]
    \setupTABLE[column][7][width=5cm]

   \starttext

   \setuplayout[portrait]
   \input tufte
   \page

   \setuplayout[rotatedportrait]

   \placetable[90,split][tab:example]{Example of a rotated table}
   {
   \bTABLE
   \dorecurse{65}{\bTR\dorecurse{7}{\bTD x\eTD}\eTR}
   \eTABLE
   }