[NTG-context] menu changes in mkiv?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Aug 25 09:42:23 CEST 2011

On 24-8-2011 13:54, Hans van der Meer wrote:
> What has been changed regarding menus?
> Previous code stops working with the following error message:
>
> ! Missing { inserted.
>
> <to be read again>
>                     \par
> <inserted text>  ...ect \everysetmenucommands \par
>                                                    \par \par \par \definepale...
> \scrn_menu_insert_indeed ...\everysetmenucommands
>                                                    \csname \??am :\c!menu :\n...
> \scrn_menu_insert_checked ...nu_insert_indeed {#1}
>                                                    \fi
> \scrn_menu_bottom ... \scrn_menu_insert \v!bottom
>                                                    \kern \zeropoint \egroup \...
> \dogettextboxes ...\relax \the \bottomtextcontent
>                                                    \vskip \bottomheight \vfil…
>
> Better than this I cannot trace back.
> But probably just some macro definition changed???

No, just the inheritance chain (part of an ongoing process where
Wolfgang and I replace some of the setup/define as well as localframed
code with the command definer code that has been around for a while now.
Deep down it means that instead of more hard coded inheritance we now
have a more dynamic one (a bit slower but less code and hash usage). So,
what you observe is probably a temporary side effect.

Small (!) example needed.