[NTG-context] Installing ConTeXt in Windows (XP)

Willi Egger w.egger at boede.nl
Fri Aug 12 18:08:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

by coincidence I installed ConTeXt on an XP-Windows today.
What I did is:

1. Download the http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-setup-mswin.zip
2. Unpack the zip.
3. run first-setup.bat
4. Added the texmf-fonts-folder and the texmf-project folder from the MacOsX installation.
5. run yourpath/setuptex.bat yourpath/tex/
6. context --generate
7. context --make

And it works.
I use Scite under Windows and I have no exp. with TeXworks. The problem there is to learn TeXworks to use the minimals.
Wscite was already there on the windows box.
Because I did not use this for a long time I copied the *.properties files from /texmf-context/context/config/data/scite to the home directory of the user and placed the *.lua file in the wscite directory.
It keeps working without any struggle.

Willi