[NTG-context] simplefonts and cjk

Jean-Philippe Rey jean-philippe.rey at ecp.fr
Wed Aug 10 11:25:48 CEST 2011

Le 9 août 2011 à 20:20, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :

> Am 09.08.2011 um 20:10 schrieb Jean-Philippe Rey:
>
>> Do you have a similar trick for chinese characters ?
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
>
> \setcjkmainfont[…]
> \setmainfont[…]
>
> \starttext
>> \stoptext

I couldn't make \setcjkmainfont to work. Here is my example:

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfontfallback[Arial Unicode][range=cyrillic]
\setcjkmainfont[Arial Unicode]
\starttext
Example text from the wiki: Немного русского текста для пробы.
And some Chinese: --- 人民日报海外版 --- back to English
\stoptext

There are 7 chinese characters between ---. Everything is fine with russian but the cjk characters seem to be ignored, I don't even get a replacement character in the output. The font is not to blame as

\definefontsynonym[AU][Arial Unicode]
\definefont[Arial][AU]
\starttext
\Arial
Example text from the wiki: Немного русского текста для пробы.
And some Chinese: --- 人民日报海外版 --- back to English
\stoptext

displays all the seven Chinese characters.

--
Jean-Philippe Rey                 Professeur - École Centrale Paris
jean-philippe.rey at ecp.fr          92295 Châtenay-Malabry Cedex - France